Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!

+28
GPPGRL
wwjd
silver1
mooselift
rubyslippers
grace81203
yami444
Pointed Barbs
dezama
Gpmom4
jan_53
catscratchfever
SunnyGirl
ohwow1
Bricktop
notbornyesterday
migraine
meandmyshadow
TheEndIsNear
inthehood
kittygirl
AnalyzeThis
Fifteen30
EllsBells
CuriousPortlander
smallal
chewet
Justice4Jane
32 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

1TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Bumping-

Justice4Jane wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Is any station live blogging? Guessing that the first few days will be seating the jury, perhaps not worth following carefully ....

Also can a moderator start a new thread/topic "Trial", now that Preliminary Hearings are finished?

Ells,

Fox2 Detroit is running a live blog here:

www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26722431/jury-selection-to-begin-for-trial-of-bob-bashara

Jurors were given questionnaires, and court recessed at 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 this afternoon. Actual voir dire will begin tomorrow.

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

2TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm

chewet

chewet

Defense hired a ph.d. jury consultant???
http://www.jury-decision.com/danfarrell.html

3TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Tue 07 Oct 2014, 3:47 pm

smallal

smallal

chewet wrote:Defense hired a ph.d. jury consultant???
http://www.jury-decision.com/danfarrell.html

I should hope this is pro bono, not every indigent defendant with a public defender gets a "jury consultant" .

4TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Tue 07 Oct 2014, 7:02 pm

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Cathy ‏@courtchatter Oct 6

Judge is allowing live stream of Openings and closings in #BobBashara #Bashara. At least we get something! Jury selection begins tomorrow.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4h4 hours ago

Judge would like opening statements Thursday morning in #BobBashara

5TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:34 am

EllsBells

EllsBells

Justice4Jane wrote:

www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26722431/jury-selection-to-begin-for-trial-of-bob-bashara

If you go to the evening newscast on fox (reachable from link above, scroll down), you'll hear Judge Vonda King greeting the suited Bashara with "Looking good, Mr. Bashara, looking good," after which he responded by thanking her.  I thought it odd, and then in the evening newscast, the reporters talked about the exchange as unusual. The court room reporter made the comment that the prospective jurors were out of the room and didn't hear this comment, but implied she was surprised by it.

Is this judge a little kooky or what?

6TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:56 am

Fifteen30

EllsBells wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:

If you go to the evening newscast on fox (reachable from link above, scroll down), you'll hear Judge Vonda King greeting the suited Bashara with "Looking good, Mr. Bashara, looking good," after which he responded by thanking her.  I thought it odd, and then in the evening newscast, the reporters talked about the exchange as unusual. The court room reporter made the comment that the prospective jurors were out of the room and didn't hear this comment, but implied she was surprised by it.

Is this judge a little kooky or what?

I wonder if she acts this way with defendents all the time. But, also, what is she wearing? It looks like a sleeveless judges' robe and a sheer black wrap and lots and lots of pearls.

7TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:17 am

AnalyzeThis

Fifteen30 wrote:

I wonder if she acts this way with defendents all the time.  But, also, what is she wearing? It looks like a sleeveless judges' robe and a sheer black wrap and lots and lots of pearls.

I stopped the video to look twice.  It looks like she has her robe undone and over a dress with sheer sleeves.  I don't spend time in courtrooms to know what's normal, but her greeting sounded unprofessional to me.  Would a male judge get by saying that to a female defendant?

8TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:19 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

I seem to remember when she was dealing with Gentz she said something similar to him. Or was very kind to him at some point. Obviously not when she was telling him she wished she could sentence him to more...but earlier on in the trial.

No live stream is going to kill me, thank goodness for live blog!

9TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:25 am

chewet

chewet

Hi Kitty, Ells & Analyze!

Can't get the live link to work, but was able to link to it via @langeamyFOX2.

The News's George Hunter is also on twitter @GeorgeHunter_DN

Looks like they are rapidly getting rid of potential jurors at this moment...

Witness list included -- Gentz -- for the defense????? (per Diallo)

10TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:29 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

chewet wrote:Hi Kitty, Ells & Analyze!

Can't get the live link to work, but was able to link to it via @langeamyFOX2.

The News's George Hunter is also on twitter @GeorgeHunter_DN

Looks like they are rapidly getting rid of potential jurors at this moment...

Witness list included -- Gentz -- for the defense????? (per Diallo)

They are probably going to try to get him riled up and show that he is impulsive/explosive. Wasn't that the theory? Joe came around the house looking for Bobber and Jane told him to get lost and Joe snapped?

11TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:43 am

chewet

chewet

Other reporters tweeting:

@ginadamron (Free Press)

@HankLocal4 (WDIV- clickondetroit.com)

12TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

AnalyzeThis

Hi! Any ideas why it's so quiet here? Seems like even a lot of the regulars aren't around.

13TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:06 am

chewet

chewet

I hear you, Analyze. Not sure, except for the passage of time. Lots of time. And waiting. Even a year ago, things kinda dropped off, I noticed.

But all I know is I am here to morally support Family and other surviving victims.

And to see this horrid thing through. Once and for all!

14TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:18 am

AnalyzeThis

Yes, exactly.  I want them to know that people remember, people "get" it, and people know that no matter what BS is spewed during the trial, we see through it.

There can be no real "justice" at this point, since we can't bring Jane back, but I'm hoping and praying for the truth to be plain and for "guilty on all counts."

15TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:20 am

chewet

chewet

AnalyzeThis wrote:Yes, exactly.  I want them to know that people remember, people "get" it, and people know that no matter what BS is spewed during the trial, we see through it.

There can be no real "justice" at this point, since we can't bring Jane back, but I'm hoping and praying for the truth to be plain and for "guilty on all counts."

Amen!

16TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:25 am

GPPGRL

chewet wrote:I hear you, Analyze. Not sure, except for the passage of time. Lots of time. And waiting. Even a year ago, things kinda dropped off, I noticed.

But all I know is I am here to morally support Family and other surviving victims.

If others are like me, I've checked in periodically but hadn't signed in. (After all this time-forgot my password but just remembered it finally.) On a personal note, a family member was a crime victim almost 3 years ago...and the perp will FINALLY be charged on the 21st. So the wheels of justice move slooooooowly everywhere it seems...but my hope is that so much evidence has been collected over time that both cases are rock solid. Jane's family: her community embraces you and stands with you knowing justice will finally be served.

17TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:25 am

smallal

smallal

AnalyzeThis wrote:

Hi!  Any ideas why it's so quiet here?  Seems like even a lot of the regulars aren't around.

Hello everyone, I think once this trial gets going the postings will return. I don't think any interest was lost just not much to say with little happening. There has been a lot of time passing but one thing stays the same. The Blob's ability to turn our stomachs. Somehow the Judge seems  immune to it.  But maybe its her way of goading the clueless defendants into thinking she is on their side and they'll let their guard down at some point (Good cop, Bad cop). Reminds me of the song "Smiling Faces Sometimes". Has the female who was visiting him been spotted yet ?

18TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:49 am

chewet

chewet

GPPGRL wrote:
chewet wrote:I hear you, Analyze. Not sure, except for the passage of time. Lots of time. And waiting. Even a year ago, things kinda dropped off, I noticed.

If others are like me, I've checked in periodically but hadn't signed in. (After all this time-forgot my password but just remembered it finally.) On a personal note, a family member was a crime victim almost 3 years ago...and the perp will FINALLY be charged on the 21st. So the wheels of justice move slooooooowly everywhere it seems...but my hope is that so much evidence has been collected over time that both cases are rock solid. Jane's family: her community embraces you and stands with you knowing justice will finally be served.

BBM

Slowly and surely!! GPPGRL, I am sorry you are having to deal with the criminal justice system too... So sorry. Hope Justice is served swiftly once and for all in your situation! I love you

smallal wrote:
Hello everyone, I think once this trial gets going the postings will return. I don't think any interest was lost just not much to say with little happening. There has been a lot of time passing but one thing stays the same. The Blob's ability to turn our stomachs. Somehow the Judge seems immune to it. But maybe its her way of goading the clueless defendants into thinking she is on their side and they'll let their guard down at some point (Good cop, Bad cop). Reminds me of the song "Smiling Faces Sometimes". Has the female who was visiting him been spotted yet ?

Agree with you, smallal. Part of it is to sit back and realize that many of the crazy nuances of this case are lost to the jury and others who haven't followed it from the get-go-- oh my.... It is exactly why I can relate to your comment re the judge because sometimes I wonder if the judge is not aware of all the layers to this onion???? Shocked However, let's be positive and hope, like you say, she KNOWS what she is doing... And goads the narcissist to let his guard down.

19TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm

smallal

smallal

chewet wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:

BBM

Slowly and surely!! GPPGRL, I am sorry you are having to deal with the criminal justice system too... So sorry.  Hope Justice is served swiftly once and for all in your situation! I love you

smallal wrote:
Hello everyone, I think once this trial gets going the postings will return. I don't think any interest was lost just not much to say with little happening. There has been a lot of time passing but one thing stays the same. The Blob's ability to turn our stomachs. Somehow the Judge seems  immune to it.  But maybe its her way of goading the clueless defendants into thinking she is on their side and they'll let their guard down at some point (Good cop, Bad cop). Reminds me of the song "Smiling Faces Sometimes". Has the female who was visiting him been spotted yet ?

Agree with you, smallal. Part of it is to sit back and realize that many of the crazy nuances of this case are lost to the jury and others who haven't followed it from the get-go-- oh my.... It is exactly why I can relate to your comment re the judge because sometimes I wonder if the judge is not aware of all the layers to this onion???? Shocked However, let's be positive and hope, like you say, she KNOWS what she is doing... And goads the narcissist to let his guard down.

Judge Evans was also the one who said this when she sentenced Joe Gentz

http://www.freep.com/article/20130219/NEWS02/130219035/Joseph-Gentz-sentenced-to-17-28-years-in-murder-of-Jane-Bashara

"She told Gentz he wanted to obey the request of his master.

"You decided to be an obedient servant and carry out the cowardly task of taking a life of a woman who did not deserve to die," Evans said. “A mother, a sister, a businesswoman and, yes, a wife.”

Evans told Gentz he wanted to feel empowered and needed by "a person who used you to achieve his goal: freedom from his marriage."

So what do you think she believes ? Perhaps she is trying to negate what she presented as her opinion by being overly polite to the Blob.

20TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:58 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Copied from live blog-

Amy Lange
    1:27
    Back in court - waiting for jury selection to resume. I spoke with Bob Bashara's defense team in the hall - Lillian Diallo telling me Joseph Gentz is witness number one for the defense.
    Wednesday October 8, 2014 1:27

1:41
    You remember that Joseph Gentz entered a plea for 2nd degree murder in exchange for his testimony against Bob Bashara. Within the last couple of weeks he tried to withdraw his plea and said he didn't want to testify.

1:42 Also remember that Bob Bashara is currently serving time for trying to hire a hitman to kill Joseph Gentz while Gentz was behind bars.

What the heck?!? What are they trying to manipulate NOW? Shocked

21TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:06 pm

AnalyzeThis

Justice4Jane wrote:Copied from live blog-

Amy Lange1:27Back in court - waiting for jury selection to resume. I spoke with Bob Bashara's defense team in the hall - Lillian Diallo telling me Joseph Gentz is witness number one for the defense.Wednesday October 8, 2014 1:27 1:41You remember that Joseph Gentz entered a plea for 2nd degree murder in exchange for his testimony against Bob Bashara. Within the last couple of weeks he tried to withdraw his plea and said he didn't want to testify.1:42 Also remember that Bob Bashara is currently serving time for trying to hire a hitman to kill Joseph Gentz while Gentz was behind bars.

Was wondering the same thing. It's going to be a frustrating trial.

22TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm

AnalyzeThis

Per live blog "Amy Lange: 10 dismissed - 8 left.
Now ten more moved into jury box for questioning"

Does this mean those eight are actually now jurors?

23TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

AnalyzeThis wrote:Per live blog "Amy Lange: 10 dismissed - 8 left.
Now ten more moved into jury box for questioning"

Does this mean those eight are actually now jurors?  

Not sure, Analyze. Am wondering if they can still be dismissed "for cause" at any point during this process?

A link to jury selection process in Michigan, where defense & prosecution are given an unlimited number of "challenges for cause:"

http://www.hilfandhilf.com/blog/The-Jury-Selection-Process-in-Michigan-Courts_AE32.html

24TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:43 pm

AnalyzeThis

Thanks for the link, J4J. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

25TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:14 pm

smallal

smallal

AnalyzeThis wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:Copied from live blog-

Amy Lange1:27Back in court - waiting for jury selection to resume. I spoke with Bob Bashara's defense team in the hall - Lillian Diallo telling me Joseph Gentz is witness number one for the defense.Wednesday October 8, 2014 1:27 1:41You remember that Joseph Gentz entered a plea for 2nd degree murder in exchange for his testimony against Bob Bashara. Within the last couple of weeks he tried to withdraw his plea and said he didn't want to testify.1:42 Also remember that Bob Bashara is currently serving time for trying to hire a hitman to kill Joseph Gentz while Gentz was behind bars.

Was wondering the same thing.  It's going to be a frustrating trial.

BBM: If this is true, this is a story in itself. Surprised no other reporter mentioned it.  Another Hinky twist. Looks like JG wants to back out, why ?   And will that affect his plea deal ?

Last edited by smallal on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bbm)

26TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:20 pm

wwjd

I don't think it really matters if Joe wants to testify or not. If he's called, he'll have to testify. I am not surprised the defense has him on their list; they're depending on his lack of intellect to help them. I think this will backfire, and he will solicit sympathy from the jury.

If any of Jane's family is reading this, I want you to know that I'm praying for you! Stay strong! The Jane I knew would want you to be at peace knowing justice will be served in this life, and the next! And her spirit will always live on!

27TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 5:31 pm

AnalyzeThis

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26733744/live-blog-day-2-of-jury-selection-for-bashara-trial

Amy Lange's 5:00 news report video is here. She mentioned that JG tried to withdraw his plea on Sep 26. (At about 1:05 mark)

28TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 5:44 pm

wwjd

Joe was called as a witness for the defense, which somehow prompted him to ask to revoke his plea (which was denied.) Bob's lawyers have probably given him an idea of what he'll be testifying to. This probably scared him, but imo, none of this will matter to the jury because they'll see both Joe and Bob for the types of people they are. Evil thugs. There is a ton of evidence in this case, Joe is just one witness.

29TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Reading Amy Lange's blog, it was amazing how many people had family or close friends that were murdered, also so many affected by violent crime. Seemed like every other one, unless Amy wasn't reporting on questionings that weren't very noteworthy.  

She also reported that Judge Evans was angrily scolding the MANY potential jurors who said they could not be impartial based on personal experiences or following extensive media coverage.  I don't get that, why scold someone for answering honestly --- doesn't the judge want the truth for an unbiased jury?  

This happened to me a few years ago when called for jury duty in a criminal case that was very similar to a traumatic crime in my family.  I answered truthfully that I would try to be impartial, but didn't know how the facts/testimony might bring up painful memories making it hard for me to be unbiased.  I was dismissed, but when leaving the judge expressed anger to me for not be opened minded to give the defendant a fair trial! What, should I have lied knowing this similar crime might affect my judgment? In fact, I wanted the guy to get a fair trial which could better be accomplished by removing my biased self.

I related this experience to my brother who said he had the same voir dire experience years ago in another city --- the judge scolding him for being honest about bias.  Blows the mind.

Why do they ask the question if they can't accept the answer or criticize telling the truth?  How prevalent is this among judges in voir dire?  You've got to think many prospective jurors listening to a judge's diatribe towards a dismissed juror-to-be will keep their mouths shut and deny bias when they are next asked the same question re circumstances of their impartiality.  Heck of a way to get an impartial jury ...

Judges had to be smart enough to at least get through law school and the bar, so how can they be so stupid on this matter?

scratch

30TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:25 am

AnalyzeThis

Ells - I felt the same way as you about the number of people affected by violent crimes.

I can see a judge being frustrated if a lot of people seem to be using bias as an excuse. But especially when there are specific situations that would logically cause bias, it seems counter-productive to a fair trial to get angry at people about ti.

31TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 10:02 am

AnalyzeThis

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26733744/live-blog-day-2-of-jury-selection-for-bashara-trial

Hearing tomorrow afternoon @ 2:30 about whether defense can call Joe Gentz as a witness.

Opening statements now scheduled for Tuesday.

32TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:43 pm

smallal

smallal

AnalyzeThis wrote:http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26733744/live-blog-day-2-of-jury-selection-for-bashara-trial

Hearing tomorrow afternoon @ 2:30 about whether defense can call Joe Gentz as a witness.

Speculation: JG is not adapting to prison life and has tried unsuccessfully to change his plea in order to get a trial and thinks perhaps he can be set free. Some jailhouse lawyer has been bending his ear. He doesn't want to testify at all because he'll have to admit his guilt. Blob manipulated him and the defense will say LE manipulated him into concocting his story. But anyone with "common sense" can see that the story is corroborated by evidence and would be impossible for JG to initiate the scenario or invent it. IMO, that is why the Judge made an emphasis on "common sense". Also if you haven't, you should read the comments Judge Evans made when sentencing JG to see what she truly believes. IMO her comments to the Blob at the start of each day's proceedings are playing with him and he may be told by his attorneys to disregard them. I do find it strange for her comments because as someone mentioned if that was a male judge making those comments to a female defendant about her appearance there would be an uproar.

33TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 2:52 pm

AnalyzeThis

per @GeorgeHunter_DN we have a jury! 12 jurors and 4 alternates

34TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:25 pm

chewet

chewet

AnalyzeThis wrote:per @GeorgeHunter_DN we have a jury!  12 jurors and 4 alternates

Tweeters have not mentioned the makeup of the jury -- hope it's reported later!

35TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

wwjd

smallal wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26733744/live-blog-day-2-of-jury-selection-for-bashara-trial

Speculation: JG is not adapting to prison life and has tried unsuccessfully to change his plea in order to get a trial and thinks perhaps he can be set free. Some jailhouse lawyer has been bending his ear. He doesn't want to testify at all because he'll have to admit his guilt. Blob manipulated him and the defense will say LE manipulated him into concocting his story. But anyone with "common sense" can see that the story is corroborated by evidence and would be impossible for JG to initiate the scenario or invent it. IMO, that is why the Judge made an emphasis on "common sense". Also if you haven't, you should read the comments Judge Evans made when sentencing JG to see what she truly believes. IMO her comments to the Blob at the start of each day's proceedings are playing with him and he may be told by his attorneys to disregard them. I do find it strange for her comments because as someone mentioned if that was a male judge making those comments to a female defendant about her appearance there would be an uproar.
 I think you're spot on here!

36TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:37 pm

chewet

chewet

@ginadamron tweeted: "Evans said jurors will be transported to the court by van each day."

Does this mean they are sequestered?? Like all cooped up in a downtown hotel?? For a month or more?

37TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Clickondetroit reported 13 men and 5 women on jury and alternates, unusual distribution. Fewer ladies for BB to flirt with, and you know he'll try.

38TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty No, I haven't forgotten... Thu 09 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm

inthehood

I walk by the Bashara's old house every single day. I see the purple ribbon at the end of Middlesex and Windmill Point on the tree. No, the neighbors are all still here...waiting....for justice to finally be served.

39TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 09 Oct 2014, 6:40 pm

AnalyzeThis

EllsBells wrote:Clickondetroit reported  13 men and 5 women on jury and alternates, unusual distribution. Fewer ladies for BB to flirt with, and you know he'll try.

They got the numbers wrong. It's actually 11 men and 5 women per a number of other reports. They were going to go for 6 alternates and decided on 4. I think it's because they got to the end of group B of potential jurors and probably didn't want to start over with another group.

40TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 12:34 am

EllsBells

EllsBells

Remember when Judge Evans sentenced Joe Gentz and said, "you knew right from wrong and good from bad. The request was made and you wanted to obey the request of your master."  Clearly, she had already concluded Bashara's guilt (directing Jane's murder) prior to his trial and hearing the evidence.

So how can she now slam prospective jurors for having made up their minds and not following the principle of "innocent until proven guilty?"  She's beginning to seem a bit like a screw ball, or a least a judge with loose lips.

41TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 10:48 am

smallal

smallal

EllsBells wrote:Remember when Judge Evans sentenced Joe Gentz and said, "you knew right from wrong and good from bad. The request was made and you wanted to obey the request of your master."  Clearly, she had already concluded Bashara's guilt (directing Jane's murder) prior to his trial and hearing the evidence.

So how can she now slam prospective jurors for having made up their minds and not following the principle of "innocent until proven guilty?"  She's beginning to seem a bit like a screw ball, or a least a judge with loose lips.

Given all the statements Judge Evans made at JG's sentencing ie. "freedom from his marriage" I would think the defense would have made a motion for another judge based on her belief that the Blob was involved as the "master". Also am surprised they have not objected or filed a complaint about the judge's remarks to the Blob at the beginning of each procedure. They could be taken as inappropriate, condescending and even sexist. IMO they go beyond a simple greeting or welcoming the defendant into court. However, in my sick way, I really enjoy watching and hearing her play him.

42TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 11:58 am

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

smallal wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Remember when Judge Evans sentenced Joe Gentz and said, "you knew right from wrong and good from bad. The request was made and you wanted to obey the request of your master."  Clearly, she had already concluded Bashara's guilt (directing Jane's murder) prior to his trial and hearing the evidence.

Given all the statements Judge Evans made at JG's sentencing ie. "freedom from his marriage" I would think the defense would have made a motion for another judge based on her belief that the Blob was involved as the "master". Also am surprised they have not objected or filed a complaint about the judge's remarks to the Blob at the beginning of each procedure. They could be taken as inappropriate, condescending and even sexist. IMO they go beyond a simple greeting or welcoming the defendant into court. However, in my sick way, I really enjoy watching and hearing her play him.

I think it takes A LOT for attorneys to file formal complaints against judges.

Last edited by TheEndIsNear on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

43TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 12:11 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

smallal wrote:

My thoughts exactly, Smallal, also wondered why they didn't object and ask for a recusal.   If they had objected and requested a new judge, but were denied --- possibly it could be a basis for an appeal when he's convicted.  But it seems that they made that issue (her pre-trial statements about his guilt) moot, by not asking her to step down prior to the trial when they were well aware (or should have been) of those on-the-record statements.

Incidentally, check out the Judge's prolific twittering @JudgeVonda.   It makes for .... how shall I say, um, some 'interesting' reading.

Shocked

44TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 2:48 pm

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

45TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm

chewet

chewet

Thanks, CP!

46TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

smallal

smallal

CuriousPortlander wrote:Live Stream for hearing:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-hearing-for-joe-gentz/29054758

Looks like Blob went to jail for nothing ! Ha ha ha JG's refusing to testify for either defense or prosecution !

47TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 5:52 pm

wwjd

smallal wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Live Stream for hearing:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-hearing-for-joe-gentz/29054758

Looks like Blob went to jail for nothing ! Ha ha ha   JG's  refusing to testify for either defense or prosecution !

I didn't know you could refuse to testify. Hmm learned something new. Now what's The defense going to do seeing as "Joe put this whole thing in motion, and he's the number one witness in their case."?

48TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 8:41 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

I don't understand. Gentz accepted a plea deal requiring him to testify in exchange for a reduced sentence. My layman's understanding is once you accept a plea deal, any future negotiations are obviated, kaput, nada, fini, nolo, over and out. How can he now hold out for a better deal by refusing to testify? Seems like double jeopardy in reverse --- two bites at the apple.  Can someone please explain.

This case gets more screwy and screwy at every turn.

Neutral

49TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 9:04 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Now I'm more confused.

"In a second hearing, Judge Evans told attorneys they can not make any mention of Joe Gentz testimony in opening statements to the jury on Tuesday. Gentz's statements made under oath could still come in during the trial."  

Source:   http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/judge-to-hold-hearing-to-determine-if-joe-gentz-will-testify-in-bob-bashara-case

If the whole theory of the case is that Bashara coerced mentally challenged and financially beholden Gentz to murder his wife, why can't they mention that as the main thesis in the opening statement, but later Gentz's statements supporting this same thesis can be entered as testimony in the trial? Is the jury to conclude that the prosecution just suddenly figured out once testimony unfolded that Gentz was the patsy fall guy?  Seems like a non-sensical decision, please enlighten otherwise.  For one, I'm rapidly losing faith in Judge Evans.

Crying or Very sad

50TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Fri 10 Oct 2014, 9:41 pm

wwjd

EllsBells wrote:Now I'm more confused.

"In a second hearing, Judge Evans told attorneys they can not make any mention of Joe Gentz testimony in opening statements to the jury on Tuesday. Gentz's statements made under oath could still come in during the trial."  

Source:   http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/judge-to-hold-hearing-to-determine-if-joe-gentz-will-testify-in-bob-bashara-case

If the whole theory of the case is that Bashara coerced mentally challenged and financially beholden Gentz to murder his wife, why can't they mention that as the main thesis in the opening statement, but later Gentz's statements supporting this same thesis can be entered as testimony in the trial? Is the jury to conclude that the prosecution just suddenly figured out once testimony unfolded that Gentz was the patsy fall guy?  Seems like a non-sensical decision, please enlighten otherwise.  For one, I'm rapidly losing faith in Judge Evans.

Crying or Very sad
what?????? Totally lost!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum